Safety on the Farm
Keep yourself and other workers safe by following these guidelines:
- Look over work areas carefully for overhead power lines and utility poles.
- Make sure you have ample clearance when moving large machinery. Do this every year, as equipment sizes or soil conditions may change.
- Store large equipment properly if near or under power lines. When planning new construction, factor in existing power lines.
- Be extra careful when working around trees and brush; they often make it difficult to see power lines.
- TRAIN ALL FARM WORKERS TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR OVERHEAD POWER LINES.
Stop by our office or contact us at 208-652-7431 or 800-632-5726 to receive stickers (see below) that remind your workers to watch out for electrical accidents on the farm.