Net metering gives you credit for electricity generated by your small, home-based wind, solar or hydropower generating system. By connecting to the Fall River grid, you can offset your electric use and avoid the cost and maintenance of a battery to support your system.
In general, your renewable system must meet the following requirements:
- Have a generating capacity of not more than 25 kilowatts (kW)
- Use solar, wind, or small hydropower (or another renewable resource) to create energy
- Be located on the premises of a Fall River member
- Operate in parallel with the Fall River distribution system
- Be intended primarily to offset part or all of the electricity requirements at the location it is installed
Steps to Take
- Download Fall River’s net metering tariff. Tariff Sheet Net Metering class 41
- Contact Fall River toll-free at 800-632-5726 to schedule an inspection and test of your renewable generating system.
Is Net Metering Right for You?
Learn more about ups and downs of creating your own energy athttp://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/electricity/index.cfm/mytopic=10510
State and federal tax incentives may lower the cost of a new home-based renewable system. See all state and federal incentives at http://www.dsireusa.org/.