Net metering gives you credit for electricity generated by your small, home-based wind, solar or hydropower generating system. By connecting to the Fall River grid, you can offset your electric use and avoid the cost and maintenance of a battery to support your system.
In general, your renewable system must meet the following requirements:
- Have a generating capacity of not more than 25 kilowatts (kW)
- Use solar, wind, or small hydropower (or another renewable resource) to create energy
- Be located on the premises of a Fall River member
- Operate in parallel with the Fall River distribution system
- Be intended primarily to offset part or all of the electricity requirements at the location it is installed
Steps to Take
- Download Fall River’s net metering tariff. Tariff Sheet Net Metering class 41
- Contact Fall River toll-free at 800-632-5726 to schedule an inspection and test of your renewable generating system.
Is Net Metering Right for You?
Learn more about ups and downs of creating your own energy at http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/electricity/index.cfm/mytopic=10510
State and federal tax incentives may lower the cost of a new home-based renewable system. See all state and federal incentives at http://www.dsireusa.org/.