Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association
(ICUA) Youth Rally
Prepare your teen for the future!
Your teen can build leadership and team building skills, gain knowledge about the electric industry, learn about cooperatives and industry related careers, while meeting new friends from across the Northwest – at no cost to you!
In 2018, Fall River Electric sponsored four high school students who attended the July Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association’s Youth Rally.
Here is our group of students that attended Youth Rally in 2018.
Back row from left to right: Hunter Wade (Teton High School) & Morgan Amstad (West Yellowstone High School)
Front row from left to right: Mary Gospodarek (West Yellowstone High School) & Maui Anderson (North Fremont High School)
In addition to attending Youth Rally, each of the students representing Fall River was awarded a $500 college scholarship courtesy of the owner-members of Fall River Electric.
Morgan Amstad will return in 2019 to lead the next group of students to attend Youth Rally!
Applications for 2019 will be made available in January!
Students that qualify must be junior or seniors in high school at the beginning of the fall 2019 semester, have parents or guardians who are Fall River Electric owner-members, and submit an application with a short essay. The application and essay deadline is to be determined with student selection in June for students attending our July 2019 rally to be held in Treasure Valley (Boise area).
- Students must currently (spring 2019) be in their sophomore or junior year.
- Parents or guardians must be members of and receive power from Fall River Electric Cooperative.
- Students must submit a one to two page essay on a the subject shown on the application form.
- Students must also submit an application (see form below) by a deadline in 2019 yet to be determined.
- Students must attend an interview selection process.
For more information, contact Joni Amen at 800-632-5726 during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.