Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association
(ICUA) Youth Rally
Prepare your teen for the future!
Your teen can build leadership and team building skills, gain knowledge about the electric industry, learn about cooperatives and industry related careers, while meeting new friends from across the Northwest – at no cost to you!
In 2019, Fall River Electric sponsored three high school students who attended the July Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association’s Youth Rally.
Above is a photo of our students that attended Youth Rally in 2019. From left to right: Hannah Wakefield (West Yellowstone High School), Hunter Wade (Teton High School) & Shane Pfeifer (West Yellowstone High School).
In addition to attending Youth Rally, each of the students representing Fall River is awarded a $500 scholarship courtesy of the owner-members of Fall River Electric.
Shane Pfeifer will return in 2020 to lead the next group of students to attend Youth Rally!
Applications for 2020 are now OPEN!
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS APRIL 15, 2020.
Students that qualify must be a sophomore or junior in high school during the fall 2019 semester, have parents or guardians who are Fall River Electric owner-members, and submit an application with a short essay. The application and essay deadline is April 15, 2020 with student selection in June for students attending our July 2020 rally to be held in Treasure Valley (Boise area).
- Students must currently (fall 2019) be in their sophomore or junior year.
- Parents or guardians must be members of and receive power from Fall River Electric Cooperative.
- Students must submit a one to two page essay on a the subject shown on the application form.
- Students must also submit an application (see form below) by the deadline in 2020 mentioned above.
- Students must attend an interview selection process.
For more information, contact Joni Amen at 800-632-5726 during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.