Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association
(ICUA) Youth Rally
Prepare your teen for the future!
Your teen can build leadership and team building skills, gain knowledge about the electric industry, learn about cooperatives and industry related careers, while meeting new friends from across the Northwest – at no cost to you!
Back row from left to right:
Roberto Mejia, Member Services Manager Brand Hathaway & Mary Gospodarek
Front row from left to right:
Hannah Steele, Kylie Anderson, Haley Ayers & Sophia Sperber
In addition to attending Youth Rally, each of the students representing Fall River were awarded $500 college scholarships courtesy of the owner-members of Fall River Electric.
Those earning scholarships in 2017 are listed under the photo.
Mary Gospodarek will return in 2018 to lead the next group of students to attend Youth Rally!
Applications for 2018 now available!
Students that qualify must be junior or seniors in high school at the beginning of the fall 2018 semester, have parents or guardians who are Fall River Electric owner-members, and submit an application with a short essay. The application and essay deadline is April 20, 2018 with student selection in June for students attending our July 9-14, 2018 rally to be held in Treasure Valley (Boise area).
- Students must currently (spring 2018) be in their sophomore or junior year.
- Parents or guardians must be members of and receive power from Fall River Electric Cooperative.
- Students must submit a one to two page essay on a the subject shown on the application form.
- Students must also submit an application (see form below) by a deadline of April 20, 2018.
- Students must attend an interview selection process.
For more information, contact Joni Amen at 800-632-5726 during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.